Customize Salon Loyalty Programs to Reward & Retain Clients
Develop Salon Loyalty Programs & Boost Client Retention
Salon competitors are showering consumers with an innovative array of enticing special offers. Everyone is looking for the right salon, so how do you make sure it’s yours, get new regulars, and grow your business while creating ongoing loyalty?
Tips from industry experts will help your patrons stay happy while scheduling recurring appointments and developing steadfast relationships that benefit both parties.
Identifying Satisfied and Regular Patrons
- Might have been clients with no to minimal personal interactions and without forming genuine connections
- Will come back until discovering other places they prefer
- Consider your destination a convenience and like acceptable prices, sufficient products, adequate location, unexciting experiences
- Are repeat patrons who utilize your services and products regularly, enjoying built-in affiliations with their stylists and other salon personnel
- Serve as brand advocates who praise your shop to everyone they encounter, bringing in new clientele
- Know your salon, management, and employees well enough to forgive occasional minor slipups, like running behind, since they enjoy doing business with you
- Don’t defect to competitors with better offers or more perks. Instead, they honor their authentic relationships with your crew.
Converting satisfied clients into loyal ones will gain their exclusive business while their free publicity will encourage family and friends to expand your client base quickly. That involves gratifying treatment through exceptional guest service; gracious phone, text, e-mail, and in-person communications; plus persuasive incentives to frequent your shop for every beauty need.
Establishing Preferred Client Status
Habitual clientele who bring in referrals deserve rewards to keep returning and building your business. Starting or upgrading your loyalty programs involves determining what makes your salon unique. Then, decide how you can forge lasting bonds bonds that will dazzle your regulars enough to spread the news to their social circles.
To select plan types that fit your shop, answer these questions:
- Which products and services are popular with your top clients?
- How often do they request particular treatments or buy certain merchandise?
- What specific new or underutilized menu items or retail goods would you like to promote?
- Do those consumer purchases have low- or high-profit margins?
An organized system is necessary to document and sustain your reward programs. Start defining your own loyalty points setup under Messaging & Marketing > Loyalty Rewards Points Setup in Salon Iris. The handy application tracks each client’s status. It informs you when every person is eligible to receive a bonus, so redeeming it during checkout is easy. Start your free salon software trial today to get these and numerous other timesaving client management features.
Exploring Successful Plan Types
Welcome prizes are great ways to give back, show regulars how much your shop values them, and foster continuous patronage. Consider basing points and awards on these criteria:
Referrals and reviews: For new client referrals and positive online reviews, assign points toward discounts on services or products to existing patrons. Reward everyone who brings in five prospects a free makeover, treatment, or merchandise package.
Frequent services: Apply thank-you points to clients’ accounts for pre-booking return appointments for any single treatment. Options might include hair colorings, cuts, manicures, pedicures, and massages. After five, the sixth is free.
Select upscale purchases: Reward clients for repeat business involving any high-end menu and retail items you’d like to push. Gaining greater points will inspire patrons to indulge on costly buys more often to earn free luxe salon and product packages.
Promoting Your Incentives
Provide fast, instant details via internet marketing, social media postings, and email blasts. Clients can review loyalty program features quickly to start earning points immediately. Feature in-shop signage for each prize method. Rewarding checkout moments can be prime influential opportunities as uninformed patrons watch regulars rejoicing over money-saving bonuses. Such observations encourage feelings of desire, so be ready to invite outsiders to join your special group that shares a devoted sense of community.
Interested in learning more about the salon industry and how customers interact with customer loyalty programs? Check out the findings from our survey of 2,000 US consumers and crack the code to customer loyalty!
- Customer Spotlight: Steel Beauty Hair Spa - June 8, 2021
- What Haircut Discounts Should You Offer at Your Hair Salon? - May 24, 2021
- Throwback to the 80’s with these Memorable Hairstyles! - May 14, 2021